Vizsla Obedience Training Equipment
- Chain Slide Collar - Collar should fit over your dog’s head but with not more than four inches of play. Collar should be worn up under the chin and just behind the ears. A medium link chain works best. This will allow you to make quick and effective corrections without injury to your dog. A buckle collar is never worn in the ring.
- Lead - Lead should be 6 feet in length. Leather 3/8 inches wide is ideal. Leather is easier on the hands than nylon.
- Treats - Small soft treats are best for training. Treats are not allowed in the competition ring.
- Pen/Kennel & Cart - A wire crate, exercise pen, or kennel box are acceptable. A cart comes in handy too.
- Sun Protection & Chair - A hat and sunscreen for you. Make sure your dog has shade protection too.
- Sturdy Shoes - for you.
- Water - Give small amounts of water to your dog. Don’t feed your dog before training or competition and wait an hour afterwards. This will lessen the chance of stomach torsion.
- Nail Trimmer.
- Safe Enclosed Area - Obedience training and competition are done on and off lead.